Emma’s Chocolate Fudge Pudding
Approximate cooking time:
“I chose this recipe because it was a childhood favourite (still is) that my Mum would cook for my family. This pudding is definitely one of my favourite foods!”
3/4 cup self-raising flour
2 tablespoons cocoa
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 tablespoon milk
1 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa
- Sift together flour, cocoa and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar until light, beat eggs and vanilla into the creamed mixture, fold in flour and enough milk to make a soft dough.
- Spoon mixture into buttered pie dish and spread evenly.
- For the sauce, combine brown sugar and cocoa, stir in hot water and pour slowly over cake mixture.
- Bake in moderate oven for 40 minutes
- Serve with ice cream