Georgia’s Easy Peasy Moroccan Lentil Soup
“I eat it so much during uni - very easy to put together and let sit while getting work done and is SO NOURISHING! Perfect for the cold months of winter as well as the spices are so warming!”
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 sticks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbs ground coriander
- 1 tbs harissa paste
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup red lentils
- 7 cups salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 1/2- 1 bunch coriander, chopped depending on how much you like!
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- Grilled flatbread, to serve - 100% recommend coconut spread as an alternative to butter or margarine
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over low heat. Add onion, garlic, celery and carrot and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes. Add cauliflower and ground spices and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant and cauliflower is well coated in spices.
- Stir in harissa, tomato, lentils and stock. Bring to the boil over medium heat, then reduce to low heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until lentils are tender. Stir through coriander and lemon juice.
- Serve soup with flatbread.