Dani’s Banana Mocha Smoothie
Approximate cooking time:
"This has been my go-to isolation drink! I am increasingly becoming more reliant on my morning coffees, but I found just having a coffee in the morning wasn't enough to get my day started and sometimes I don't feel like a meal first thing in the morning - so I found this smoothie a nice way to start my day!
It has that hit of caffeine, natural sugars from the maple syrup and date for some energy, a bit of fibre and potassium from the banana, electrolytes from the salt and good chunk of your daily protein from the powder. It honestly takes me such little time to whip it all together and it's good for you and tastes good!"
Half a banana
1/2 scoop of chocolate protein powder/cocoa
1 cup of milk (type is up to personal preference)
A spoonful of maple syrup
A pinch of salt
A shot/two of Coffee
- Make yourself a shot of coffee (I like mine strong so I normally go two). This can be whatever coffee you have lying around if it be instant/pressed/from a machine, as long as you get your fix in there.
- Pour your coffee into your blender.
- Add around a cup of plant based milk in with your coffee! I normally opt for almond but I've found almond/coconut and soy work too, again whatever you have lying around should do the trick!
- Add around 1/2 a scoop of protein powder to your coffee and milk, a bit more or less is dependant on how chocolatey you want it although I find half good. If you want a vegan alternative opt for a protein powder which doesn't use whey!
- Chop off half a medium banana and depit a date and plop in the blender with everything else (one date seems like nothing but they are pretty sweet, add another though if you have a sweet tooth)
- From here add a sprinkle of salt and a spoonful of maple syrup!
- Blend everything up until nice and smooth
- Pour your smoothie into a glass and I think it tastes best cold so add a few ice cubes (makes it kind of like an iced coffee) and get ready to drink up!