Approximate cooking time:
“My favourite element about this Guacamole recipe is its versatility. You can use it as a salad dressing, put it in a sandwich, load it on potatoes and yes, smash it on your toast. It’s so quick, simple and flavourful - my housemates constantly ask; is there any of Gab’s Guac left? ”
3 large avocados
1 fresh lime
½ a brown onion
2 medium size tomatoes (I usually use Roma tomatoes but any medium size tomato will be fine!)
1 minced jalapeño
2 minced garlic cloves
3-4 tsp of cilantro
1/2 a tsp of salt
1/2 a tsp of pepper
- Slice 3 large avocados in half, discard the skin and pit then place the remaining avocado into a large bowl.
- Add the juice of 1 fresh lime (tip: don’t miss this step as the lime helps preserve the Guacamole!).
- Use a fork to mash the avocados into a smooth mixture that you can stir (tip: try using a large fork for easier mashing).
- From this stage onwards you will continue to add everything directly into the bowl!
- Dice up ½ a brown onion, dice-up 2 medium size tomatoes and mince 1 jalapeño (tip: take extra care to dice-up everything into small pieces! Also, when it comes to dicing the tomatoes, you’re going to want to remove the seeds with a spoon to prevent the Guacamole from becoming too watery).
- Mince 2 garlic cloves and chop 3 to 4 tsps. of cilantro.
- Then add half a tsp of salt and ½ a tsp of pepper.
- Lastly, mix all the ingredients together in the bowl until you get a lovely spreadable Guacamole.