FIND A PSYCHOLOGIST
The APS find a psychologist service provides a referral to help you find a psychologist to suit your needs.
Medicare rebate for psychologists
- Eligible individuals can receive up to 10 sessions in a calendar year through medicare. Visit your GP first and they will talk you through the process and refer you to a psychologist
- You must visit your referring GP after 6 sessions where they will assess your progress before you can use the rest of the sessions allowable
NATIONAL DISABILITY INSURANCE SCHEME (NDIS)
- The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is the new way of providing support for Australians with disability, their families and carers
- The NDIS can pay for supports that relate to a person’s disability and are required for them to live an ordinary life and achieve their goals
- Disability Support Pension provides financial support if you have a physical, intellectual or psychiatric condition that stops you from working
- The Mobility Allowance helps you to participate in approved activities when you have disability, illness or injury. This helps with transport costs if you can’t use public transport without assistance, either permanently or for an extended period
DISABILITY ADVOCACY VICTORIA
Disability advocacy Victoria is the peak body of disability advocacy networks in Victoria, which are independent, community based organisations that advocate with and for disabled people. They are composed of people who know your rights, understand your challenges and can help you sort out whatever is going on in your life.