Mental Health Support Services
Hey everyone, if you are feeling a little overwhelmed with the recent changes in restrictions due to COVID-19 and finding it hard to handle or just need to talk about how you are feeling, please reach out. Here is a list of great support services that are available for you. Stay strong everyone, we will get through this together.
Emergency Help Services
- Beyond Blue. Online and phone counselling with trained mental health professionals for young people aged 12 to 25 years old 24/7.
- Call 1300 224 636, or access support online
- Looking after your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak
- LifeLine. A crisis support service that provides short term support at any time for people who are having difficulty coping or staying safe
- Call 13 11 14, or access support online
- Mental health and wellbeing during the Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak
- Kids Helpline. A free, private and confidential phone and online counselling service for young people aged 5 to 25 years
- Call 1800 55 1800, or access support online
- Are you worried about novel coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- Suicide Callback Service. A nationwide service that provides professional 24/7 telephone and online counselling to people who are affected by suicide.
- Call 1300 659 467, or access support online
- Looking after your mental health during Covid-19
- Headspace. Information and resources covering a wide range of issues and topics, including mental health challenges and ways to maintain a healthy headspace
- Call 03 9027 0100, or use the online crisis support chat 7pm-12am
- How to cope with stress related to COVID-19
- Reach Out. Practical tools and support to help young people aged 14–25 years get through everything from everyday issues to tough times.
- Call 02 8029 7777, or use the online chat service
- 10 ways to take care of yourself during coronavirus
Monash Support Services
- Monash Health & Wellbeing Services – Your one stop shop for all things mental health! If you’re not sure what you’re looking for, this is the page for you, and can help you to navigate steps to receiving support at Monash.
- Monash Counselling Services – Book an appointment with a counsellor from any campus here (remember, all appointments are via telehealth). You are able to have up to six sessions.
- Monash Student Support – A portal for student support services, including financial, accomodation, safety/security, international, diversity, spirituality and legal services.