On your marks. Get set. Go!
Tickets: Free, registration required
Ticket options: Scavenger Hunt + Picnic / Picnic Only
Scavanger Hunt – Information
Scav Hunt Meeting point: Federation Square: Top Steps, 2 Swanston Street, Melbourne 3004
Scav Hunt Duration: 10 am – 12 pm
You will be given:
- A Map
- Instructions, which includes the location of stops and the value that each stop/activity is worth
- Location of Picnic
Note: If your team does not complete the scav hunt by 12pm, we still expect your team to stop scav hunting at 12pm and make your way to the picnic area.
Picnic – Information
Picnic Area: The Royal Botanical Gardens – Tom’s Block (Near Walker Fountain Kinds Domain), Linlithgow Ave, Melbourne, VIC 3004
Picnic duration: 12-3pm
Included: Cake, Snacks, Water, Sunscreen, Games, Prizes
Will I be expected to do all the challenges? No. We will never expected you to do anything you dont want to do. Its always a choice.
Prizes? Hek yes there will be prizes.
Can I choose which team I am in? Hek yes you can, but there will be limited places per team. You will be able to choose when registering.
Can I just go to the Scav Hunt and go home? Yes, but we go expect you to go to the picnic for the winner announcements and then you can go, this shouldnt go longer over 1pm.
What should I bring? Great question. So happy you asked.
- Positive attitude, keeness to meet new people
- Comfy Shoes, you will be walking, speed walking and potentially jogging, depending on the intensity of your team
- Water bottle, you will get thirsty
- Snacks, you might get hungry
- Lunch or money for lunch, we will eat lunch together at the picnic
- Something to share at the picnic
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event? Nope
Can a non-Monash friend come? Yes, but we do have limited spaces for non Monash people on the Scavenger Hunt. If you can, this would be a better experience if you came on your own, but we understand that it might be easier with a buddy 🙂
Toilets? Picnic area was chosen, so that toilets were only a short walk away
Anything else I should know? One of our leaders will be having her birthday on this very day.