Support for Queer Students
Isolation can be a tough time for everyone, but for queer people in particular it can lead to greater challenges and risks. It is important to prioritise your wellbeing in these times. If you do need to chat to someone, don’t hesitate to reach out.
MSA Queer – Your MSA representatives here at Monash.
ILGA World (The International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association) has compiled a list of secure resources to facilitate working from home, as well as some recommendations on media to occupy yourself during isolation
Questioning your identity
The gender and sexuality unicorn is an interactive tool to explore where you may find yourself on the gender spectrum and/or the sexuality spectrum.
General resources and social support
- The National LGBTI Alliance have compiled an extensive list of resources tailored to individual and community care for LGBTI people
- Minus 18 - support for same-sex attracted and gender diverse young people and their families through social inclusion and advocacy.
- Switchboard - peer driven support for Queer students, their families, communities and allies.
Support for trans and gender diverse students
- YGender - a social support and advocacy group for gender diverse youth led by their peers.
- Transgender Victoria - Victorian body advocating for trans people, with additional Information, resources and support
- Transfamily - a peer support group for parents, siblings, extended family and/or friends of a trans person
- Counselling and support services
- Q Life - telephone and online counselling and support for LGBTIQ+ community
- Available 3:00 pm – Midnight
- 1800 184 527
- Queer Friendly GPs