Volunteer with Host Scheme
Host Scheme are looking to volunteers joining the 2017 program. Have Commitment issues? Unsure if you can commit to the program? Hosts are expected to attend the events featured in the 2017 Host Scheme Calendar (Note: Venues to be confirmed).
- Host Position Description
- You must have a Working With Children Check (WWC) to volunteer as part of the Host Scheme Program.
Applications Close for Host Scheme's Summer Program 9th of January 2017, 11:59pm.
- Host Scheme Calendar (Note: venues are to be confirmed).
- Join our Facebook page.
- Join our Facebook group. 2017 Host Scheme FB Closed Group is how we talk to one another and communicate events and activities. Email is rarely used during this program.
Complete online Training Units and Certified Training
All Host Scheme volunteers are expected to complete the following online units:
- Communicate with Impact
- High Performance Teams: Work & Win Together
In addition to the above, Camp Intern, Mega Hosts and Sub-Coordinators are also expected to complete the following units:
- Time Management and Prioritisation: Be Organised & Efficient
- Event & Project Management: Get the Results You Want
- Committees 101: Meeting, Minutes & Management
- All units will provide you with a certificate at completion.
Monash Training and Professional Development (MTPD)
If you have not completed an undergraduate degree, you are eligible to complete a Certificate III in Active Volunteering and/or Certificate IV in Frontline Management.
Please contact MTPD for more information.
BECOME A MEGA HOST
- 1 term of Host Scheme experience
- You are required to complete a Host application prior to completing a Mega Host Application.
- Mega Host Position Description
Applications are open for the 2017 Summer Program. Applications will close 16th of September, 5pm.
BECOME A HS CAMP INTERN
- 1 term of Host Scheme Host experience
- 2 terms of Host Scheme Mega Host Experience
- You are required to complete a Host application prior to completing a Camp Intern Application.
- Camp Internship Position Description
Applications are open for the 2017 Summer Program. Applications will close 9th of September, 5pm.
BECOME A HOST SCHEME SUB-COORDINATOR
- 2 terms of Host Scheme Host experience
- 2 terms of Mega Host Experience
Requirements are flexible if applicant has at least 2 years of non-Host Scheme leadership experience. You are required to complete a Host application prior to completing a Sub-coordinator Application.
2017 Mid Year Sub-Coordinator applications are open from March 1st 2017. Applications close 15th of March, 5pm.