Getting There… Uni and Public Transport
Navigating your way around public transport can be stressful and confusing, especially if you’re a student from a regional area or overseas. Here are a couple of handy hints to help you out!
- Mykis are your ticket to travel. You ‘tap on’ when using public transport and ‘tap off’ when done. Ensure you have one on you at all times, they’re super useful!
- If you’re an undergraduate student you are likely eligible for a concession myki. Jump onto the PTV website to fill out a Tertiary Student ID form and submit at the listed locations.
- Make sure to carry your concession card with you whenever you travel, if not, you may be liable for a fine if a PTV officer stops you.
- To top up on campus, visit the Monash Convenience store in Campus Centre or use the myki machinse in the bus loop. Alternatively, you can top up using the PTV website.
Apps and Rideshare
- Download the PTv app and Tram Tracker, these are absolute lifesavers! Additionally, the public transport option on maps is super helpful.
- Rideshare can be a really easy way to get around, especially if you’re in a group with friends.
- Keep an eye out for discount codes and check out not only Uber, but DiDi and Ola too, as these can often be cheaper!
- Chadstone Shopping Centre: Take Bus 900 from Bay B
- Huntingdale Station (to city): Take 601 from Bay C
- Monash Caulfield: Take the Express Bus from Bay- D or take the 900 bus towards Rowville from Bay-B.
- Pinewood Shopping Centre: Take the 703 Bus from the corner of Blackburn and Normanby road.
- The 969 Night Bus can take you back to res if you’re in the city late.