O-Fest: Mid-Year 2020 Giveaway Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter is Monash Student Association (Clayton) Incorporated (MSA) of Level 1, 21 Chancellors Walk, (Campus Centre), Monash University, Clayton, VIC 3800.
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who Can Enter
- Entry is open to all students enrolled in an Australian campus of Monash University. Monash University staff, Monash College students and MSA Workplace Participants are excluded from participating. MSA workplace participants include MSA department and divisional office-bearers and MSA staff.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of student enrolment, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
When to enter
- Competition applies to MSA Rewards Subscriptions and Club Memberships purchased from the 12.01am 27 July, 2020 and will run when advertised through until 11.59pm 7 August 2020. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
- The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database, not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
How to Enter
- Entrants may enter the competition by purchasing a 2020 MSA Rewards Subscription or 2020 Club Membership. For the purposes of this competition, Club Membership refers to any MSA Affiliated Club’s Membership listed on the MSA’s Online Membership Portal.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter.
Number of Entries Permitted
- Entrants may enter as many times as they like. However an entrant can only win one prize, which will be the first drawn prize. Every MSA Rewards Subscription and Club Membership counts as a single entry. An individual may have multiple entries in the competition by having an MSA Rewards Subscription and a club membership(s). An entrant may only subscribe to MSA Rewards once and purchase one club membership per club.
Draw and Notification of winner
- The winner of each individual prize will be the first valid entry submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions that is drawn by an MSA representative at random on 10 August 2020.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
- The prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the student email associated with their MSA Rewards Subscription or Club Membership.
- Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
- The winner will be notified by phone and email within 72 hours of the draw. Winners of prize(s) will be published on msa.monash.edu/ofest
- If a winner has not claimed the prize within 14 days of notification then he or she will forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to the valid entry submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions that is next drawn by an MSA representative at random. The winner of the unclaimed prize will be notified by telephone, email or social media within three days of the date on which they are judged to be the unclaimed prize winner.
- If for whatever reason the promoter is unable to mail or deliver the prize to a winner, the promoter at their discretion may come up with an alternative arrangement for the transfer or collection of the prize.
Prizes on offer
- Total individual prizes are up to the value of $1842 (including GST). Winners for each prize will be drawn at random in descending order of prize value. There are a total of 20 prizes to be won, with a maximum of one (1) prize per person.
- Nintendo Switch Console Neon - $449
- Apple AirPods with Charging Case 2nd Gen - individually worth $247.00 (2 prizes at $494)
- Ultimate Ears Boom 3 Portable Bluetooth Speaker Lagoon - $165
- Bose QuietComfort 35 II Wireless Over-Ear Headphones (Black) - $359
- Uber Eats Gift Card - individually worth $25 (15 prizes at $375)
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, prize values are based upon retail price at the time of first publication of these Terms and Conditions (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
- Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
- Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- Gift vouchers are subject to the terms and conditions imposed by the gift card provider. Once awarded, the Promoter is not liable for any voucher that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
Further Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter (subject to State and Territory Legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including (without limitation) due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion take any action that may be available, and (without limitation) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- An entrant may not use a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf, except where the entrant needs to use those services of that third party to enter due to a disability. If the preceding sentence has been breached, the entrant will have all entries invalidated, any claim to any prize will be invalidated and where such an entrant has already been awarded a prize before being found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
- Any entrant found to be entering incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements.Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
- The Promoter reserves the right to redetermine the winner in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements the Promoter will only publish only the Winners’ Full Names. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.