Aim of the Committee:
- Improve student mental health
- Creating art relieves stress, improves creative thought and brain connectivity, boosts self esteem and your mental health.
- Encourage students to express themselves through visual art
- Provide an outlet for students who may not already engage with the student community or students who want to engage further
- Allow students to connect with each other through art
Student Art Exhibition
Open to all Monash students and is aimed at encouraging the creative talents of Monash students. Entries in any media is welcome, excluding moving image.
Entries will be showcased on the Monash Clayton Campus during Semester 2, Week 3 - 6 in the Campus Centre Dining Hall (Level 1, 21 Chancellors Walk).
1st Prize $200, 2nd Prize $100, 3rd Prize $50. Entries to be submitted from the 20th of May until the 27th of July. Works will be displayed as given. No Framing.
MSA Art Committee, along with MADA will be running free Art classes every Friday during Semester Two. From Sketching, to photoshop classes, we will have one that fits your needs.
Date: Every Friday 12 - 2pm
Venue: Conference Centre, Level 1, Campus Centre
Outdoor Drawing Sessions
Come with us! We will be visiting some pictureque places in Melbourne and Monash.
Hosted by our Art Committee and our special student guest Laura, who would love to show you how to draw botanic art (just a fun optional bonus). Even if you are not a super skilled or if drawing it a hobby you wish to never share with others, we will have something for you.
Monash Art & Crafts Market
We are in the process of organising our Semester One Monash Art Market, where Monash students are able to sell their art and crafts. Held during a Wednesday session, this market hopes to show off our amazing Monash students and their creative hobbies and work.
Would you like a stall at our Market? Register Here