Art Classes and Exhibitions
MSA Art programs are hosted by the MSA Art Committee, a group of creative and passionate volunteer leaders.
MSA Art Committee is a group of like-minded students who provide artistic outlets for Monash Clayton students.
From resin coasters to origami, we will have a class for you to unwind and take home!
Aim of the Committee:
- Improve student mental health
- Creating art relieves stress, improves creative thought and brain connectivity, boosts self esteem and your mental health.
- Encourage students to express themselves through visual art
- Provide an outlet for students who may not already engage with the student community or students who want to engage further
- Allow students to connect with each other through art
Student Art Exhibition
The MSA Student Art Competition and Exhibition is open to all students.
We hope to encourage the creative talents of our Monash community. Entries in all media (excluding moving image) are welcome!
Entries will be showcased on the Monash Clayton Campus during Semester 2, Week 3–6
in the Campus Centre Dining Hall (Level 1, 21 Chancellors Walk).
Visitors to the exhibition will be able to vote for their favourite piece.
Winners will receive:
1st Prize: $200 Debit Mastercard
2nd Prize: $100 Debit Mastercard
3rd Prize $50 Debit Mastercard
We are accepting entries from March 30th until the 1st of August.
Works will be displayed as given. No Framing will be provided.
MSA Art Committee will be running free Art classes on Fridays Weeks 2-10 of Semester. From Sketching, painting, and jewellery making, to photoshop classes, we will have one that fits your needs.
Date: Every Friday 12 - 2pm
Venue: Conference Centre, Level 1, Campus Centre
On Campus Drawing Sessions
Hosted by our Art Committee volunteers, we will have a go at drawing areas around campus.
Even if you are not super skilled or if drawing is a hobby you wish to never share with others, we will have something for you.