27th June 2020
SURLY Click & Collect: How to Request Books
Hello from Surly, your Student Union Recreational Library in the campus centre! Due to [everything], the library space will be closed until Semester Two, but we’re starting up ‘click & collect’-style loans so if you’re on campus, you can still get your hands on books, DVDs, CDs and games! Details below.
How does it work?
- Log in to our online catalogue
- If you’ve borrowed with us before (ether physical or ebooks), you will already have a membership. Otherwise, all Monash students can join the library for free!
- Browse the collections
- Search for books online, or check out the Surly blog for recommendations
- Browsing tip: when you search our catalogue, titles in bold are currently available; unbolded are on loan or in-processing (you can still request them, but they may take a bit longer)
- Click to Reserve
- Click on the item’s title from the search results, then click ‘Reserve Title’
- We will email you to confirm availability, and arrange a date for contactless collection.
- Because the library space is not currently open, collection will be by appointment only. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee staff will be on site if you drop by unannounced!
- Items won’t be due back until the library re-opens for Semester Two. However, our returns chute is still open if you want to return anything earlier
I don’t know what to read???
That’s totally understandable! We know that the online catalogue can’t fully replace the experience of browsing the library shelves in-person, unfortunately. Check out the Surly blog for recommendations, or you’re feeling stuck, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – let us know what sort of book you’re looking for (genre, style, length, author, etc), or something you’ve enjoyed recently, and we’ll put together some recommendations for you 🙂
Feel free to email us at email@example.com, we’ll be happy to help you.
During this period all returned items are being ‘quarantined’ for 72 hours before processing. Collection will be contactless – you just need to show us your ID Card.