MUST CabFest 2021
October 20 – 29
Going LIVE on Facebook with
the MUST Cabaret Festival 2021!
Wed 20 – Fri 22 & Tues 26 – Fri 29 from 7.30pm
Curated and Produced
by Stephanie Lee & Greta Doëll
You are invited to a diverse, two-week festival filled with dynamic performances of music, theatre, comedy, circus, drag, magic and more - and all from the comfort of your own home!
Monash Uni Student Theatre, a department of the MSA, will continue to wow audiences with its sixth Cabaret Festival, this year again live streaming through the MUST Facebook page.
Embrace an exceptional array of acts each night, as MUST CabFest goes global with interstate and established performers joining the line-up! Including performances from MUST alumni such as gender transcendent diva Mama Alto, renowned magician Alex de la Rambelje (Gentlemen of Deceit), feminist musical powerhouse Cousin Tara, award-winning director & podcaster Daniel Lammin, and Matt Portelli’s indie rock trio Feverdreams; the festival celebrates proud alumni, current students and artists from the wider MUST community. Expect loads of surprising performances; from 20-member group Harambee A Cappella, to live art collective STRANGEkit; from circus artist Mahalia Moves, to amazing vocalists Kira, Meghna and Kitty Rae, amongst many others! Our incredible featured artists have made videos especially to showcase their work at CabFest and our entertaining hosts will present them live!
Our much-loved specialty nights return in 2021 with some new additions!
- Wed 20 Oct: Opening, Variety Night (also Sensory Friendly) Curated by Greta Doëll & Stephanie Lee
- Thurs 21 Oct: Queer Night Curated by Alex Bartaska & Quinten Henderson
- Friday 22 Oct: New Music Night Curated by Elly D'Arcy & Anusha Yellapragada
- Tues 26 Oct: Sensory Friendly Variety Night Curated by Samuel Pringle & Chelsea Jones
- Wed 27 Oct: PowerPoint Night Curated by Ryan Hamilton & Emily Keagan
- Thurs 28 Oct: Revolution Night Curated by Greta Doëll & Stephanie Lee
- Friday 29 Oct: Closing, Variety Night Curated by Greta Doëll & Stephanie Lee
Follow Monash Uni Student Theatre
NB. MUST’s CabFest 2021 will include closed captioning for all festival acts with the exception of live host segments.