MSA Digital Prepaid Mastercards
Mastercard Prepaid Gift Card Conditions of Use (Terms & Conditions)
Your MSA Volunteer Rewards / Digital Gift Card (“Card”) is a Mastercard issued by EML Payment Solutions Limited (“EML”) ABN 30 131 436 532, AFSL 404131 (‘we/us/our’).
In these terms and conditions, ‘you’ are the Card purchaser or user and by allowing the addition of the Card into your Pays‐enabled device or by activating the Card, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
*When we refer to the Pays, we are referring to Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay and further, when we refer to a Device, we are referring to a mobile phone or wearable device that allows you to store a Card to the Device.
Pays availability is subject to your respective Card program sponsor and device capability. Although the Card is Pays enabled, availability of the Pays is contingent upon the card program you have signed up for. In addition, Cardholders associated with Pays enabled programs must ensure their device is Pays capable. This means your device must have the ability to store the Card and actuate a purchase.
Using the Card and Expiration
- The Card is a Mastercard prepaid card that can be used for purchasing goods and services where Mastercard prepaid cards are accepted for electronic transactions (excluding transactions at ATMs or over the counter at financial institutions).
- The card will expire according to the month and year found on your tokenised card on your device
- The Card is valid until the expiry date and cannot be used after expiry.
- At expiry, the remaining available balance will be forfeited.
- The Card cannot be used to make transactions that exceed the available balance. For such a
transaction you need to pay the difference by another method if the merchant agrees.
- The Card is not reloadable.
- The Card is not a credit card and nor is it linked to a deposit account with us.
- The Card cannot be used to obtain or redeem cash and cannot be used for making direct debit,
recurring, or regular instalment payments.
- Authorisations may be declined at some merchants (such as gambling merchants or merchants
who choose not to accept the Card).
- We are not liable in any way when authorisation is declined for any particular transaction except
where the authorisation has been declined because of an act or omission on our part.
- We are not liable in circumstances where you have other cards stored on your Device for payment
and you inadvertently use the Card when using your Device as a payment method. You must
ensure that you select the correct card prior to using your Device as a payment method.
- We are not otherwise liable for the use, functionality or availability of a Device, the availability of
merchants who allow the use of the Device and Card as payment, or a reduced level of service
caused by the failure of third‐party communications and network providers (except to the extent
deemed liable under the ePayments Code).
- We are not liable for transactions on your Card if: a) your Device security measures are
compromised; or b) where you allow others access to, or the means to access, your Device; or c)
any other circumstances in which you allow others to circumvent the security measures of your
- The Card is like cash and may not be replaced if misused, lost, stolen or damaged.
- The Card will be void if it is defaced, mutilated, altered or tampered with in any way.
- We do not charge any fees for using the Card. However, some merchants may charge you for
using the Card and such fees may be deducted from the balance of your Card at the time of the
- Any refunds on Card transactions are subject to the policy of the specific merchant.
- Refunds may be in the form of a credit to the Card, cash refund or in‐store credit. If the Card
expires or is revoked before you have spent any funds resulting from a refund (whether or not
the original transaction being refunded was made using the Card) then you will have no access to
Disputes, Complaints & General Queries
- If you have a problem with a purchase made with the Card, or a dispute with a merchant, you
must deal directly with the merchant involved. If you cannot resolve the dispute with the
merchant, you can contact The Card Network.
- If you notice any error relating to the Card or have a query about the Card, you should initially
contact The Card Network by phoning Client Services during business hours.
The Card Network Client Services can be contacted on:
- Phone: 1300 375 346, or
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have a complaint relating to the Card, please contact EML during business hours.
EML Client Services can be contact on:
- Phone: 1300 739 889, or
- Email: email@example.com.
- For all other enquiries, please contact MSA during business hours.
MSA Client Services can be contact on:
- Phone: (03) 990 53138, or
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You are responsible for all transactions on the Card, except where there has been fraud or
negligence by our staff or agents.
- We may restrict or stop the use of the Card if suspicious activities are noticed
- You are responsible for checking your transaction history, knowing the available balance and date
of expiry for the Card. Balance and transaction history are available to you within the app on your
- We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any changes to the Terms
and Conditions can be viewed at msa.monash.edu.
Use of the Card is also subject to Terms & Conditions as prescribed by The Card Network as well as any associated policies, for more information visit thecardnetwork.com.au.