Applying for Working with Children Checks
If you wish to be part of the MSA Volunteering team, you must have a Working With Children Check (WWCC). This is a requirement due to the diverse nature of the Monash community. Applying for a volunteer WWCC is free.
You can apply for a WWCC by submitting an online application through the WWCC website. Part of the application process requires proof of identity so make sure you have identity documents like your birth certificate, immigration card, passport or student ID readily available.
Already have an active WWCC?
Please sign in through the WWCC and register MSA and Monash University as additional organisations.
Online Application steps
Step 1: Verifying your ID
- This can be done online, or in person at a Post Office
- Select how you would like to verify your ID
Step 2: Application type
- Select Volunteer (this is a free check, to be used for volunteer work only)
- If you already have an Employee WWCC or are required to get one for your work, this is also valid for volunteering work
Steps 3 & 4: Your details
- Fill in your personal and contact details
Step 5: Organisation details
- Fill in MSA’s details as follows:
Organisation Name: Monash Student Association Inc. – MSA Volunteering
Postal Address: Level 1, Campus Centre, 21 Chancellors Walk
Step 5 continued: Occupational fields
- Select occupational fields 10, 42 & 52 – 10 for C&E only
Steps 6 & 7: Check your details and submit your application
You will be sent information on how to finalise your application if you need to confirm your identity in person or get a photo taken at a Post office
In a few weeks, the Department Of Justice will inform you and the Volunteer Coordinator whether your WWCC was successful. If you do not receive a WWCC during this time, please contact the Department Of Justice and please notify the MSA Volunteer Coordinator about the delay.