Benefits of Volunteering
There are so many benefits to volunteering. Volunteering allows you to develop your communication and leadership skills as well as developing valuable real world experience. Our MSA volunteers also receive points under our Reward Program.
Volunteering is a great way to meet new people and develop your skills with friends. If you are a little shy and don't feel comfortable joining a program on your own, we have a number of programs that all Monash students and we can make sure you and your friends volunteer together.
We have a variety of volunteer programs that directly benefit the smallest resume. Volunteering provides leadership and team experience, a chance for you to develop your interpersonal skills and your event management skills. We also have programs that relate to particular industries, such as our Internship and Department Experience programs and Tax Help program. If you are unsure what could help your resume, make an appointment with the Volunteer Coordinator today.
MSA Volunteer Lounge
All active MSA Volunteers have the opportunity to use the MSA Volunteer Lounge, located in 108, Level 1 of the Campus Centre Building. We have a microwave, hot water, filtered water, refrigerator and sandwich press. Everyone must clean up after themselves or else they will be asked not to use the space.
MSA Reward Program
The Reward Program is our recognition system designed to say thank you for your hard work and ongoing commitment to our Monash community. As an MSA volunteer, you are eligible to receive reward points for volunteer tasks you complete. Reward points can be converted to a MSA volunteer rewards card which may be used at MSA affiliated business like Sir Johns Bar, Wholefoods Restaurant and Cafe and the student theatre.
Logging volunteer hours
Logging your hours is simple. Just fill in the google form and give our data entry volunteers seven (7) days to process the entry.
You can claim your volunteer rewards card by visiting the SURLY library (Level 1, Campus Centre). You just need your student ID to make a claim.
Still not sure about how to complete the sign up process or log points? Check out our handy video.
Volunteers who accumulate over 30 points in one annual year are also eligible to receive a certificate signed by the Volunteer Coordinator. These are printed at the end of the annual year.
Volunteer rewards card FAQs
- Where can I use it?
- Both cards are redeemable at the following MSA Outlets (where EFTPOS facilities are available): Biker Co, MSA Events, Monash Uni Student Theatre, Sir John’s Bar, Student Union Recreational Library, MSA Training & Professional Development, Wholefoods Cafe & Restaurant, MSA Rewards.
- How long does it take for my card to become active?
- Your card will become active 1-2 days from date of issue.
- How do I use it?
- Take your volunteer rewards card to any MSA outlet that accepts EFTPOS.
- Swipe the MSA volunteer rewards card, select ‘Savings’ on the EFTPOS terminal. The purchase amount must be equal to or less than the balance on the card.
- Enter the PIN number on the back of the card and press OK.
- When does my card expire?
- The MSA volunteer rewards card is valid for 12 months from the date of issue
- How do I check my balance?
- Check your MSA volunteer rewards card balance and transaction history by visiting msa.monash.edu/balance or calling Customer Care on 1300 764 721. Please be aware of your card’s remaining balance before making a purchase – if the total cost of items purchased is greater than the balance of the card, you will be required to make up the difference with another payment method.
- Where can I find the terms and conditions?
- Please visit msa.monash.edu/balance
- Who do I contact if I have further questions about the volunteer rewards card?
- Please email email@example.com