2020 MSA Election
The 2020 Monash Student Association election period has now commenced. Below you will find the Notice of Election outlining the relevant details including all positions to be elected and when voting will take place. You will be able to find all the election forms here, and please note that this year forms will need to be submitted electronically to the Returning Officer email so please ensure that if you have any questions you get in touch ahead of time. Scanned and appended signatures will be accepted, however please contact the Returning Officer if you are having trouble with this.
Nominations are now open for the following positions:
- MSA office-bearers (including a new position of Residential Community Office-bearer)
- Monash Student Council representatives
- MSA Autonomous Committee members
- National Union of Students conference delegates.
The nomination form is available below – nominations close 5pm Friday 11 September.
Polling dates and how you vote
Polling for the MSA elections will take place between Monday 5 October and Thursday 8 October. You will be able to vote online, with a secure voting link being sent to your email.
Notice of Election and Election timeline
- 2020 Notice of Election
- 2020 Election timetable
- 2020 Notice of re-registered tickets
- 2020 Notice of registered ticket names
- 2020 Notice of Nominations Received and Positions Elected Unopposed
- 2020 Notice of Election Results
Rulings and Appeals
- Dishonest Conduct Ruling – 5 Oct 2020
- Letter to the Returning Office (Voting Technology Appeal) – 8 Oct 2020
- Letter to the Returning Officer (Facebook Posts Appeal) – 8 Oct 2020
2020 Election Rules
- 2020 Application to Register or Re-register a Ticket Name
- 2020 Nomination Form
- 2020 Notice of MSA Referenda Questions
- 2020 Withdrawal of Candidature Form
- 2020 Application to be Set Out as a Ticket Form
- 2020 Preferences for Nominated Positions
- 2020 Preference Distribution Form
Previous Election Reports
Please direct any questions to:
Jarrod Allen, Returning Officer
04488 13 547